P1 Registration and what you need to know.
During our weekly session of door knocking, we love to talk with residences of difference background. There is however one group of home owners whom we are more worried about are the young parents. Reason being there are many considerations such as property wealth planning, investing in property as first mover’s advantages as well as primary school enrollment for their children.
Being a young parent myself, there are so many things to consider such as their daily intake, supplements, additional educational activities as well as their school curriculum. Most of us are so busy with our children that we forgot about our kids’ primary school enrollment.
What are the key things to consider when registration for our kids?
1) Registration phases
2) Home address used for registration
3) How distance affects priority admission
Phrase 1 – Older kids are still being enrolled in the school. You don’t have to worry so much.
Phrase 2A – You or your older children falls into this category
- You or your child sibling is a former student of the primary school, currently in an alumni association of the primary school as a member.
- You are a member of the School Advisory or Management Committee.
- You are a staff member of the primary school.
- You have enrolled your children into MOE Kindergarten school
Phase 2B – Parent was a volunteer of at least 40 hours or is a member endorsed by church or clan or an active community leader.
Phase 2C – Child is not yet registered into any primary school.
Phase 2C Supplementary - For a child who is not yet registered in a primary school after Phase 2C.
Home Address used for registration
You are required to use your home address to calculate the distance between home and school. The address should be the one reflected in the parent’s NRIC.
Priority admission is given in this order:
1. Singapore Citizens (SC) living within 1km of the school.
2. SCs living between 1km and 2km of the school.
3. SCs living outside 2km of the school.
4. Permanent Residents (PR) living within 1km of the school.
5. PRs living between 1km and 2km of the school.
6. PRs living outside 2km of the school.
Click on here to find out the distance from your residential address to school of your choice